[section type=”Single-Column-Panel” background=”white”]
Job Posting: Social Enterprise Consultant
The ICA Group, a nonprofit dedicated to advancing businesses and institutions that center worker voice, grow worker wealth, and build worker power, seeks a full-time Social Enterprise Consultant to provide financial analysis and support to business clients who are assessing and implementing transitions to worker ownership.
The Social Enterprise Consultant will work with a team of consultants, analysts, and program staff. The work involves conducting business analysis and valuation and providing technical assistance to business owners. This is a unique opportunity for an early- to mid-career professional to use and develop their business skills for social good.
This position can be based out of the ICA Group’s office in Boston or Northampton. This position requires traveling within the United States approximately 1-2 times per month.
About the ICA Group
The ICA Group is a leading expert on worker ownership and the oldest national organization dedicated to the development of worker cooperatives. We are a mission-driven nonprofit organized as a worker cooperative and are dedicated to bringing strategic analysis and industry-focused supports to the worker ownership sector. Our business expertise is bolstered by a deep understanding of worker ownership and other worker-centered structures, and a commitment to serving low-wage workers and communities of color.
Business Analysis (50%)
- Compile and analyze business financial statements to identify business trends, strengths, and challenges
- Assess the financial and operational viability of businesses considering a transition to employee ownership
- Conduct valuations of businesses considering a transition to employee ownership
- Compile findings into clear and engaging reports for business owners
- Communicate findings with the ICA Group’s staff, business owners, lenders, and other stakeholders
Client Support (30%)
- Meet with business owners to identify their personal and financial goals, as well as their business strengths and challenges
- Provide technical assistance to business clients through the development of financial models, operational assessments, business plans, and loan proposals
- Provide exit planning guidance to business owners
- Participate in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of business resources, tools, and trainings
Industry Research (10%)
- Conduct industry research, market research, and data analysis, including quantitative surveys and interviews
- Act as a content expert related to business- and industry-wide strategies designed to transform service sector occupations
Organizational Development (10%)
- Identify and deliver insights from clients that will be broadly applicable to other areas of the ICA Group’s work
- Contribute to the ICA Group’s strategy and communications by developing consulting tools and resources, generating research from client work, and serving as a subject matter resource
- Experience with business financial statements and accounting practices
- Ability to communicate complex financial data and information to diverse audiences in an accessible manner
- Commitment to using business skills for social good
Additional Desired Capabilities
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience and/or education (i.e. 7+ years of work experience; or a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant work experience; or an MBA and 2 years of relevant work experience)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling experience
- Experience in developing and analyzing results from quantitative survey instruments
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated team orientation and ability to provide and accept feedback
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse clients and stakeholders
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Personal and intellectual commitment to systemic economic change
- Excitement and interest in helping a growing organization scale effectively, and an enthusiastic interest in taking on new responsibilities and roles as this happens
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $75,000 and is commensurate with experience and local cost of living. The ICA Group provides a generous benefits package including 4 weeks of vacation, 12 paid holidays, 8 days of sick leave, and health insurance.
About Working at the ICA Group
The ICA Group is a rapidly growing nonprofit. 65% of staff have worked at ICA for 2 years or less. All staff members are expected to help build organizational capacity, processes, and culture. 60% of the ICA Group staff work in our offices in Northampton and Boston and 40% work remotely from east coast locations. We utilize technology and virtual meetings on a daily basis, and hold quarterly in-person meetings at our Northampton office. We are committed to a workplace culture that supports work-life balance and flexibility for working parents and other caregivers.
At the ICA Group, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that in order to build a new economy where working people lead and own democratic workplaces, leaders in cooperative development must reflect the communities they serve. We support equitable opportunities for all people and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, people of color, women, individuals from the LGBTQIAA+ community, and others who identify as a part of historically marginalized communities to apply for open positions at the ICA Group.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by June 3rd. To apply, please upload a resume and cover letter as a single PDF and a short writing sample using this form.
[section type=”Contact-Panel” background=”blue”]
[section type=”Standard-Footer” background=”dark-blue”]