[section type=”Single-Column-Panel” background=”white”]
Job Posting: Outreach Manager
The ICA Group, a nonprofit dedicated to advancing businesses and institutions that center worker voice, grow worker wealth, and build worker power, seeks a full-time Outreach Manager to develop strategic partnerships and client pipelines across the ICA Group’s program areas to establish cooperative ownership models.
The Outreach Manager will work with a team of consultants, analysts, and program staff. The role involves conducting direct outreach to business owners and other stakeholders and developing strategies and tools that support direct outreach.
This position can be based out of any of the ICA Group’s offices in Boston, Northampton, or New York. This position requires traveling within the United States approximately 1-2 times per month.
About the ICA Group
The ICA Group is a leading expert on worker ownership and the oldest national organization dedicated to the development of worker cooperatives. We are a mission-driven nonprofit organized as a worker cooperative and are dedicated to bringing strategic analysis and industry-focused supports to the worker ownership sector. Our business expertise is bolstered by a deep understanding of worker ownership and other worker-centered structures, and a commitment to serving low-wage workers and communities of color.
Client Outreach (50%)
- Build relationships with business owners and identify opportunities to establish cooperative ownership models
- Engage with local groups and organizations that promote and engage with businesses and economic development initiatives in ICA’s program areas
- Manage strategic engagement and collaboration with economic developers, policy makers, business associations, government agencies, and educational institutions
- Present to economic development officials, small business support centers, and other stakeholder groups, and attend relevant partner events and conferences
- Develop and disseminate direct outreach campaigns targeted to business owners within specific industries (mailers, email blasts, social media campaigns, etc.), with support from communications and program staff
- Develop place-based communications and refine consulting tools and resources to meet local/regional needs and interests
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information from partners, media, and other stakeholders
Business Support (20%)
- Participate in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of business training programs, conferences, and workshops
- Provide business owners with technical assistance, support, and referrals (following internal training)
Organizational Development (10%)
- Identify and deliver insights from clients that will be broadly applicable to other areas of the ICA Group’s work
- Contribute to the ICA Group’s strategy and communications by developing consulting tools and resources, generating research from client work, and serving as a subject matter resource
- Relevant work with businesses, business owners, or workers in communities of color
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of people and institutions confidently and effectively, with a critical analysis of power, privilege, race, class and gender
- Strong phone skills and ability to build relationships remotely
- Strong diplomatic skills and judgment, ability to identify possibility and ask hard questions with respect and discretion
Additional Desired Capabilities
- Experience teaching or coaching adult learners, preferably in the field of business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with client management databases
- Familiarity with participatory and popular education
- Familiarity with digital marketing techniques
- Fluency in Spanish
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated team orientation and ability to provide and accept feedback
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Personal and intellectual commitment to systemic economic change
- Excitement and interest in helping a growing organization scale effectively, and an enthusiastic interest in taking on new responsibilities and roles as this happens
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $75,000 and is commensurate with experience and local cost of living. The ICA Group provides a generous benefits package including 4 weeks of vacation, 12 paid holidays, 8 days of sick leave, and health insurance.
About Working at the ICA Group
The ICA Group is a rapidly growing nonprofit. 65% of staff have worked at ICA for 2 years or less. All staff members are expected to help build organizational capacity, processes, and culture. 60% of the ICA Group staff work in our offices in Northampton and Boston and 40% work remotely from east coast locations. We utilize technology and virtual meetings on a daily basis, and hold quarterly in-person meetings at our Northampton office. We are committed to a workplace culture that supports work-life balance and flexibility for working parents and other caregivers.
At the ICA Group, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that in order to build a new economy where working people lead and own democratic workplaces, leaders in cooperative development must reflect the communities they serve. We support equitable opportunities for all people and we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, people of color, women, individuals from the LGBTQIAA+ community, and others who identify as a part of historically marginalized communities to apply for open positions at the ICA Group.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by June 3rd. To apply, please upload a resume and cover letter as a single PDF and a short writing sample using this form.
[section type=”Contact-Panel” background=”blue”]
[section type=”Standard-Footer” background=”dark-blue”]